Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Steak Au Too-Much-Poivre

The pepper mill just couldn't take all of the grinding I was wanting for steak last night. As you can see, I had one of those accidents that makes you want to curse out loud and take the Lord's name in vain. But I didn't-- in fact, I couldn't help but laugh at the utter ridiculousness of losing half a bottle of pepper to raw meat.
At least I had been an anal-retentive-chef enough to put cling wrap on the counter-- which made cleanup easy.

All in all, my pepper steak salad turned out pretty great in the end, but I've decided to breakdown and buy a real-life big-boy pepper mill this weekend. One that's actually something you can fill with your own peppercorns. None of this cheapo grocery-store pepper for me. I'm done! It's over! Finito!
(ok - I got it all out now)

No comments: