Friday, August 8, 2008

Maybe a lucky day after all?

I woke up exactly at the 8th hour on this the 8th day of the 8th month of the 8th year in this century and millenium.
Exactly 1 hour before--- on the opposite side of the world, 4 billion people were expected to have watched the opening of the Beijing Olympic games... along with President Bush, President Putin, Chairman Mao and a long list of political figures and celebrities.
It's said to be the luckiest time of the luckiest day in this century to the Chinese..and I happened to wake up during our luckiest time of the day.
Since it was only 65 degrees, and a Friday, I decided to bike to work. I know I'm a broken record, but it is unbelievable to me that I can enjoy a pleasant morning in the middle of August without passing out from oppressive heat.
And thus - a good start to the day and to the weekend. I do feel pretty lucky to live in this town and to enjoy life the way it is these days.
Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

No comments: